Thursday, November 4, 2010

Backtracking to Georgia

These last couple of months have been insanely busy for me.  I've wanted to journal it all, and hopefully I can get caught up on the blog over the next little while, since fortunately, things seem to be slowing down a bit.
Back in September, I had the chance to go see my friend, Charis, and meet her new baby twins in person, so naturally, I jumped at the chance!  Andy was leaving to go out of town and she wondered if I would want to come help her for the week.  I was so excited to see them! 

Mallory and Andrew are seriously such sweet babies.  I so enjoyed holding little babies again! :)

         I thought this was such a cute little candid family pic I  
                              got of  them before Andy left. 

It was so fun getting to stay in Charis' beautiful home in beautiful Georgia!  (Kinda weird having a bed to myself without little feet kicking me in the back or ribs all night long, however!)  I loved walking outside and enjoying all the southern atmosphere.  I got to see lots of magnolia trees, birds, lizards, cotton fields, etc.  It felt good to back in the south again.  As always when I am back in the south, so many memories keep flooding back. 


Whenever Andrew was fussy, I'd take him on a little walk outside and he was as happy as could be.  Can't say I blame him.  It is so    
                               green and beautiful there!
I'd actually never been away from my kids that long, so skyping made it a lot easier to be away.  And Wade and my mom did a super great job of holding down the fort.  It was also a nice change of pace for me to get a break from all the day to day running around I do at home. I didn't even realize how detailed and full our schedule is until I started making a calender for them to follow while I was gone.  I was amazed what we can do as mothers and the blessing of being able to handle so many different children and their activities.  It's funny because sometimes I feel like I didn't accomplish much that day, but now I've learned if I feel that way to start writing down what I actually did that day...Try it!  You will probably surprise yourself! :)   It's more than you think!
I was ready to come home and start the routine again and see my kiddos for sure at the end of the week!  I missed them so much!  And of course Wade too!  I was so happy to see my hubby!



On my last day, Charis took me to a little cafe' for some good ole southern breakfast.  These boys were our servers.  That's right.  You gotta love that hometown, family owned feel.  I thought their shirts were super cute.  And I love me some grits!


I am so glad that I got to meet Mallory and Andrew while they were still so little!  They were super cute with such sweet smiles.  I think they know they are loved!  One night when I was skyping to Livvy, and holding one of the babies, she said to me, "I like your baby, Mommy."  Aww...I think she expected me to bring one home! 
Wade worried that I'd come back baby hungry...
 I think he was right!



4 comments:

Ace said...

I'm so glad you posted this, (since we live a whole 5 minutes away from each other, but never get to see one another!) I have been wanting to hear all about it. It looks like you had such a great time. Those babies are way too cute and Charis and Andy's home is soooo beautiful. Wow.

You, by the way, are looking moi svelte!!! I've been wanting to call you and chat. Planning stupid (super) Saturday and my head is about to explode, but I really want to hear your voice and your sweet southern accent.

Love you so, so much!

Neika Boulter said...

ooo so sweet! I'm so glad you got to go back there!!

Lori said...

Oh, you were so close. You should have come and stayed with me for a week! Ha, Like you don't have a family to take care of. That is great that you got some time away! Anytime you need some southern hospitality, come to Birmingham. I will even feed you some grits!

Charis said...

What a sweet post! THANK YOU and THANK YOU X 1000 for coming to help me. Sorry I was so stressed out. Having you here was a treat!!!! Thank you, thank you ;-)