Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leprechaun Feast


Last night for St. Patty's Day, the Kids helped me prepare a Leprechaun's Feast- everything green. It was a lot of fun! Green Turkey meatballs, Green rice, Broccoli, & Green Biscuits and Gravy. Oh, and green milk too. It really was such a simple thing, but the kids got so much out of it and loved it, that it just reminded me how important it is that I try to make each day special.
That's one of my goals this year-- is to have more fun with my kids so we all have good memories. I hope that these little things will mean a lot to them one day. I know they already do to me!

4 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

That's the spirit!! We are just as festive (but probably a lot more cheezy about it!) I am sure your kids LOVED it!!

Abigail said...

melissa that is such a cute idea, your are such a fun mom. i was wondering if i could get you turkey meat ball recipe? Thanks Abbie

Melissa said...

Thanks Abbie, I don't even really follow a recipe really. Just take a pound of ground turkey, add an egg, sprinkle in Italian style breadcrumbs or bread pieces, onion powder, and garlic salt. Then just roll up and bake for 2o minutes or so. They usually are prettier than the st. patrick's day ones, but one of my kids added an extra egg, so they were a little too soft. (that and they were green!) But they are great with salsa on tortillas. Hope that helps!

Melissa said...

One more thing- I've also used oats instead of breadcrumbs and they too do great, and probably much healthier! Just needs a little more seasoning with that.