Wednesday, January 23, 2013

So Much To Learn


This poor neglected blog of mine... I really have missed you.  Irony seems to have a way with me in that when I have the most to share, I have the least time to do so. I hope to take some time and document what the last few months have taught me.  Ok, maybe the whole last year!  

I marvel at how the Lord answers prayers.  Not too long ago, I read a blessing given to my mother where again and again she was promised knowledge and wisdom.  Because I admire her wisdom and strength, I quietly prayed that I too could be blessed with these traits.  

You know how they say, 
"Don't pray for patience"
 because you will receive experience needed to gain it?  
I have found this true for knowledge as well!
  I have been blessed with the opportunity to learn a lot of things this year.  It hasn't always been easy.  In fact, some things have been down right hard!  But I did pray for it, right?  And the Lord does answer our prayers.  And, it has been after all, a good thing to pray for...

One thing that fascinates me is how much there is for me to learn and grow.  I sometimes feel I have only begun to scratch the surface in this earthly place.  But I am so thankful that when we do set out on a journey to learn vital lessons, our Heavenly Father gives us so many tools to help us.  I have really learned this last year that 
LIFE,
 yes, even here on earth, 
is so DIVINE. 
Not just in the physical sense.  
And when we believe in inspiration, we will see it often- in big and little ways.  
Because it is always there.  It makes the living so meaningful.  
This is my "note to self" 
in hopes that I always remember this...


1 comment:

Lori said...

I've missed you, my friend! I love this post.