Thursday, April 30, 2009

For Love of the Game...

Braydon is playing for the Colorado Rockies this baseball season. He is so cute in his uniform and it is one of our favorite times of the year! There is just something about being at a ball field that I just love! (maybe it's partly b/c that was where as a teenager my friend, Lindsay, and I would go to flirt with and watch all the cute boys!)
Now I get to go watch my own cute boy~even better!
Braydon had his first two practice games Tuesday night and all was going great until one fast knuckle ball hit him square in the pinkie as he was up to bat. It gave him a pretty good cut and lots of swelling. He said it was very sore, but didn't continue to complain any more, so I debated whether or not to take him to the doctor. I finally followed my instinct today and took him in. 'Twas a good thing too, because he did in fact have a broken finger and not only that, but it broke in the "growth center" which means possible danger there that the finger may never grow anymore. He has to go see an orthopedist and get it all checked out. Tricky business.
Here is my positive little buddy- splinted finger and x-ray. Too bad this happened so early in the season, but I don't think it'll slow him down too much. It's just sometimes the price you pay for love of the game...

1 comment:

Candace said...

Aw..Poor guy!

He and Madi ought to get together and commiserate. Looks like we need to start rollin' our chillies in bubble wrap each year in preparation for softball season!

Let's do lunch this week..ya?