Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve 2009

To celebrate New year's, we partied at home with our family. We made a mini-feast and it was lots of fun!
The older kids helped me make my homemade eggrolls.




All wrapped up:


Then we fried them in a good helping of oil.




Ready to eat! (Can you believe all of this food for just 6 people?)



Braydon & Sommer made the deviled eggs all by themselves!

And here is our busy kitchen:



After we ate, we all wrote down our New Year's Resolutions. We made some important goals, with the exception of Chase whom when I asked if he'd like to help read the scriptures more this year (since he is still learning to read), and he said, "Well, I don't know about that..."
That kid...
Then, Wade put on a little firework show for the kids.


The kids and I froze, but it was worth it. Very fun for the kids!





At midnight we toasted sparkling cider to each other. Livvy got really into it and kept repeating this over and over:






Happy 2010 everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! We stayed home and had a family party, too. But, I made pigs in a blanket for dinner... way to show me up! Oh, I forgot to buy sparkling cider so my kids mixed sprite and apple juice. Maybe you should send my your party plans next time and I'll just do the same thing. He He

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a fun little feast! I have never tried to make homemade egg rolls, but they sure do look yummy!

Melissa said...

Jamie- you are so funny! We should have just joined forces. Sounds like we were doing the same things. :)

And Alison, you will have to try homemade eggrolls, they are the best! But, I warn you... you will never go back to store bought and even lots of restaurants. They are one of my favorite foods to cook. I love to cook them when entertaining too.