Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bedtime...


If you know me well, you know that bedtime is my least and most favorite time of the day.  It is my favorite when I can cuddle up with my hubby and watch a show or read together.  Getting there however, makes it my least favorite because my kids are the WORST about bedtime!!!  They are soooo S-L-O-W getting their stuff done and getting to bed.  Of course I don't blame it all on them, but it leaves me exhausted many nights.  I feel we are pretty consistent with dinner, baths, scriptures, and prayer. But then there is still teeth brushing, dinner dishes, vitamins, lotions, jammies, storybooks (ok, I love those), and a million little remembered questions and stories that come up ONLY at bedtime.  Oh, and lets not mention that Chase and Livvy are scared of the dark and one of us has to lay with them until they are asleep. EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT!!!
And by bedtime, I am just so ready for some relaxation.  I love my children, and I know one day I will miss this, but bedtime for us seems to be harder than with other families.  I frequently have asked myself what I am doing wrong. 

Today, I was exhausted all day because Chase woke up at 2:30 last night because he kept hearing
 "bug voices." 
Uh-huh
 He didn't go back to sleep until, well, it was time for me to get up.  So I got to be up with him, trying to comfort him and woo him back to sleep. 
Needless to say, I was beat and kindof grumpy all day.  Braydon, at bedtime, asked me why I hated a certain game they like to play.  It's just one of those mindless games and I'm kinda strict about what games they play.  After a few minutes of debate, I looked at him and said, 
"Braydon, now is really not the time to ask me.  There is no way I am going to change my mind when I am this tired."  
Livvy, seeing my frustration, climbed up and whispered in my ear, 
"Mommy, if you need a blessing, just call the Bishop and get one." 
So simple.
And sweet.  
(Livvy just saw my mom get a blessing from her bishop)

Do you think Bishops will bless that my children will sleep better?
If so, I'm on it. :)

Any advice?
Sincerely,
Exhausted

No comments: