A little bit about my hubby!
1. Where did you meet your husband? I worked at Fuddruckers and our mutual friend, Christy, kept trying to fix us up (for a year!) Finally one night Wade walked into my work and I instantly knew it was him- even though I was not expecting him at all! I had seen pictures of him from Christy's mission scrapbook a year beforehand and I guess his face never left my mind. :) I remember Christy telling me what an awesome guy and missionary he was and how much he helped other people out. He was very shy that night at my work, but very sweet and I ended up being the Forward one and gave him my phone number. He told me later that he would often pray that the girl he was suppose to marry would be forward since he was so shy. I usually wasn't, but I felt instantly comfortable with him!
2. How long did you date before you got married? We did the Utah thing...so not very long. but, when you know, you know! I was determined to go on a mission, so he had to pin me before I did! I'm so glad I got married when I did, however!
3. How long have you been married? Ten Wild and Crazy Years!
4. What does he do that surprises you? Even though he doesn't enjoy shopping, he is the most thoughtful gift-giver! He always spoils me and puts so much thought and love into his gifts! My favorites are the things he makes, but I love it when I open a gift that I mentioned liking months earlier because it lets me know that he listens and pays attention to what I like and need!
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes. He has the most beautiful blue eyes! Thankfully, he has passed them on to 3 of our 4 children!
6. What is his best quality? He serves a lot! I don't know what all my family would do without him with all the things he does for them.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? He RARELY ever calls me Melissa. I'm always Lis or Lissy to him.
8. What is his favorite food? Good ole steak and potatoes!
9. What is his favorite sport? He likes to play baseball, but he NEVER watches sports on TV! He likes to go to a live game, but he doesn't follow any teams. He's more interested in jeeping, old cars, hunting, snowmobiling, things like that.
10. When and where did you first kiss? At Bridal Veil Falls (waterfall). We had been dating for a while (like I said- he was shy) and we were sitting in the back trunk of his '56 Chevy Bel- Air watching the waterfall and he kissed me.
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? So many things...
12. Do you have any children? Yes! Two boys and Two girls. Braydon, Sommer, Chase, and Livvy Brynne.
13. Does he have any hidden talents? I can't mention just one! Wade is the most talented person I know because he can do so many things effortlessly! He is great at woodworking and makes most of our furniture, he is great with anything mechanical. He is a great firefighter and pilot too-even though he doesn't get to fly as much as he'd like! But all of his instructors have told him what natural talent he has! Plus, he is a great Father and Husband!
14. How old is he? 32
15. Who said 'I love you first'? He did, but the bad part is instead of saying, " I love you, too", I said..... "Don't say that", (this time I was the timid one!), but then I apologized and told him I loved him too! No, he's never forgotten that!
16. What is his favorite music? Lots of kinds, depending on his mood. no rap or hard heavy metal (is that really music anyway?)
17. What do you admire most about him? He is so smart. I wish everyone could see what I see in him, because I think sometimes he is reserved and not outgoing, but is such a warm and wise person underneath! He opens up quickly. Plus, he may not say a lot, but when he does, He KNOWS what he is talking about! He is so smart and much more eloquent than me! He is a constant fountain of knowledge. :)
18. What is his favorite color? Probably green- you know, like military green.
19. Will he read this? Probably... eventually!
20. Who do you tag? Sara, Charis, Candace, Cammy, Cassie, or anyone who likes doing tags! Sorry Neika that it took me 4 months to follow your tag! I'm a bad one, but I thought this was a fun one!